May 24th 2023
Open Position in the BRCCH Management Office
The BRCCH seeks new talent for the position of Communications & Engagement Manager. A new colleague will join a core team to further the BRCCH mission: to drive scientifically outstanding research and innovation in paediatrics.
BRCCH Communications & Engagement Manager
40%-60%, immediately or as per agreement
The Botnar Research Centre for Child Health (BRCCH) is physically located in Basel, Switzerland and supports researchers at its four partner institutions: University of Basel, ETH Zurich, University Children’s Hospital Basel and the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute. Generously funded by Fondation Botnar, the Centre drives innovative translational research addressing unmet medical needs of children and young people, especially those living in low- and middle-income countries, through funding programmes and professorial posts.
About the Position
As the BRCCH Communications and Engagement Manager, you lead activities, internally and externally, to ensure the visibility of scientific achievements of the BRCCH community and a cohesive BRCCH brand identity. You lead and coordinate activities to build community and engage stakeholders, and also contribute to the general activities of the BRCCH management office.
- Responsible for internal and external communications and engagement activities
- Lead and implement workflow and tasks for a coherent communication strategy
- Maintain BRCCH brand identity and its visibility by implementing and coordinating recurring communication mechanisms such as website updates/maintenance, newsletters, media releases, news announcements, LinkedIn, Twitter, as well as reports
- Lead and support science communication and outreach activities by BRCCH and BRCCH-supported researchers
- Lead BRCCH team efforts to foster community building and local network
- First point of contact for external media inquiries to BRCCH or BRCCH-related research activities
- Support the development and manage the implementation of early-career capacity-building programmes and dissemination events
- Support the management and monitoring of the BRCCH research grant portfolio
- You are passionate about communicating research and building community
- You are a skilled practitioner, with experience (minimum 1-2 years) in communications and/or engagement in a scientific setting
- You are experienced in planning and implementing events centred on science communications and/or outreach
- You enjoy the hands-on approach to creating and producing communications and engagement activities
- You are comfortable with social media and creative design platforms
- You feel comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively in a small-team and enjoy a fast-paced, self-organising and dynamic setting
- You enjoy a range of strategic and operational tasks
- You are a positive, self-motivated and outcome-oriented person motivated to contribute to BRCCH’s mission and make an impact
- Excellent or native fluency in written and spoken English are indispensable. Proficiency in German is desirable.
- Further education, higher degree or equivalent work experience in biology, biotechnology, bioengineering or similar science-related field is desirable
A responsible position within an energetic and internationally oriented research centre that is driven by a dedicated and collegial team. Conditions of employment in accordance with the personnel and salary regulations of the University of Basel including flexible working conditions and possibility of home-office. A fixed-term contract for 2 years with the possibility of extension.
Application / Contact
Please send your application (CV, cover letter, certificates) in a single electronic document by 15 June 2023 to email@example.com. For further questions about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Scientific Officer and Communications Manager). For administrative and HR-related questions, please email email@example.com (acting General Manager BRCCH).